Boost Voice: Exciting New Developments and Enhancements
Upgraded Boost Voice to further enhance hotel employees’ language skills
351 new topics included in the latest upgrade to Boost Voice, including disaster preparedness content, more detailed engineering phrases, as well as robust testing and assessment, and paced learning to ensure maximum language absorption
We are very pleased to announce the newest release of our Boost Voice app. Following a review period that included feedback from hotel leaders we have developed an enhanced Boost Voice mobile training solution that will provide users with even more opportunities to grow their language skills and abilities. Upgrades to Boost Voice include new content across multiple departments, from more technical detail in Engineering and disaster management skills for Security, to specific fitness and culinary vocabulary and phrases. Robust new testing and assessment features have been added, providing training managers with an even more complete picture of their employees’ abilities, coursework pacing has been fine-tuned to ensure maximum language absorption, and a CEFR-aligned Boost competency scale has been introduced.
The newly upgraded Boost Voice will equip hotel employees with English and / or Mandarin language skills that are highly-relevant to their departments, allowing them to interact with their guests with more confidence.
Rich New Content
We have added new content across all departments. Spa & Fitness have now been separated into 2 departments. Boost Voice now has 8 total hotels departments (up from 7). A few key highlights:
- Significantly more detail in maintenance and repairs to in-room features from plumbing and electricity to furniture and fixtures
- Reporting and repair of on-property features
- Topics for Hazard Safety and Working with Other Departments to resolve issues
- Timely and relevant new content centered around Emergency and Crisis Management topics such as Bomb, Terrorist, Active Shooter, Typhoon, Earthquake, Tsunami threats
- Content focused on working with local authorities (Police, Fire, EMS) and dispute resolution scenarios
- Goes beyond just welcoming a guest – now content includes explaining facilities, safety rules, using equipment, training guests, renting equipment, workout tips, managing complaints, special guest needs and enhanced engagement such as suggesting activities and tips
- Introduction of Food Safety & Health Inspection, Managing the Kitchen with special events and new menus, and handling many more special guest requests and complaints
New content under Special Events – setting up, preparing and managing Banquet staff
Enhanced Testing & Assessment
Boost Voice level tests, pre & post-tests, and quizzes make learning more effective. Continuous assessment via mandatory quizzes and pre & post-tests throughout coursework helps reinforce what is learned.
Users begin their learning journey with a level test to have their language capabilities evaluated and appropriate packages recommended. Boost Voice customises learning for each individual user and lays out a progression plan. Not a cookie-cutter approach or ‘one size fits all’.
Results-driven Course Structure and Pacing
Content structure and pacing of coursework designed to ensure maximum language absorption. Now, learning rhythm is much more structured with a focused, deliberate and realistic pace of learning set to encourage improved language absorption and retention.
If a user studies at the recommended pace they should technically be able to improve 1 CEFR level within 12 months. This would mark a significant improvement in language capability and have a definite measurable impact on guest satisfaction.
CEFR-aligned Content & Competency Scale
We have introduced a Boost competency scale that is aligned with the CEFR levels of ability. CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference) is an internationally-recognized standard for describing language ability and employs a six-point scale for assessment, from A1 for beginners, up to C2 for those who have mastered a language. HR teams can easily compare our qualifications to other standardised international exams in their countries (TOEIC, IELTS, TOEFL) and gain a quick and clear understanding of a user’s language skill level.